WELCOME TO THE OLD POST OFFICE RESTAURANT and our Website

HOURS Of Operation:  Open Year Around (with the exception of January). Reservations are currently being taken for our 2014 season. Starting in March we will be open Tues thru Sat.

In Season (Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat). (March thru end of Oct)

Off Season (Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat). (Nov thru end of Feb)

5:30pm – Until
Please call for reservations.
(843)869-2339

1442 HIGHWAY 174
EDISTO ISLAND, S.C. 29438

9 Comments

1. Donna Bowen
    Posted March 21, 2010 at 8:05 am | Permalink

we were in Edisto Island last week and enjoyed out best meal on Thursday night at your restaurant. I throughy enjoyed the honey mustard vinegarette with poppy seed dressing and wondered if you would be so kind as to share your recipe for this? It is the best dressing i have had in a long time. Thanks for your consideration.

2. Posted April 8, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Permalink

We look forward to coming to Edisto a few times a year and The Old Post Office is always on our list of restaurants. I have to say that I have been craving the Fillet Mignon with goat cheese that I had the last time we were there. It was oustanding. Also the service is always wonderful as well!!

3. DelGenio
    Posted May 4, 2010 at 6:27 am | Permalink

My husband and I have been enjoying your restaurant for over 20 years in May and June. We have never had a dish that was not tantalizing to the taste buds. The menu is always varied and exceptional. The duck liver appetizers and the duck entree are beyond. I sincerely hope that you will remain for at least another 20 years. We look forward to our time with you every year. Thank you for being fabulous!

4. S Sheridan
    Posted July 31, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

Several of our employees will be vacationing in Edisto Beach in a few weeks… perks for ‘a job well done.’ We like to treat them to a memorable dining experience as well. Do you have a current menu posted on the internet ?

Thank you for your response in advance.

S.E. Sheridan

5. Adam
    Posted August 2, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Permalink

S. E Sheridan,
    Thanks for making contact. Our menu changes frequently but we do have the sample menu listed here on our website.
    Please feel free to call if any further assistance is needed. 843-869-2339

6. rob
    Posted August 3, 2010 at 3:32 am | Permalink

I had the Catfish special last Tuesday night right before the power went out. The spicy honey sauce was the perfect combination with the crispy fried catfish. The Post Office continues to be the top dining experience on the island, hands down.

7. Sally L Krause
    Posted June 7, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Permalink

My week in Edisto was highlighted by dining in your restaurant. I was with 5 friends and our meals varied but everyone insisted theirs was the best meal.My personal favorite were the scallops, delicate and delicious. And the grits …… oh my, heaven. Would Chef Smalls divulge her technique? Your staff was so very knowledgable and pleasant. The several I spoke with were obviously proud of Your restaurant and their role in its success.
    Good fortune to you
    Sincerely
    Sally L Krause

8. Jennifer & Patti
    Posted July 13, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Permalink

Consistent quality year to year and for a very special evening call well in advance to request the crispy duck because it takes 3 day to make it. It is amazing! Thank you Chef Chery and your wonderful staff. We will visit every time we’re in Edisto. Oh, and I haven’t even mentioned the grits. Fantasic!

9. Chery Klopcic
    Posted July 31, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Permalink

Our group of 8 had dinner there 7/27/11 to celebrate 2 couples wedding anniversaries. The service and food were wonderful as it was when we were there in 2006. Very good atmosphere with good wine list and very reasonable prices.